Guild Wars 2 (1 Viewer)

mrkiller

Реакции
Баллы
Would be nice to see lineage3 with some new classes and less instances and beter graphics and effects

Udunnome

Реакции
Баллы
Everyone is calling Lineage Eternal as Lineage 3 so I guess the Lineage 2 fans are waiting for Lineage 4 than

Rhymus1

Реакции
Баллы
werewolf сказал(а):
It can sounds  kinda weird but, after these all years spent in L2, I could not play other MMOs, hard to explain but in every aspect of PvP for example I would look for similarities to the L2.
L2 it's a mostly grind game mixed with many amazing aspects of PvP, ganks, unique Wars, sieges, tw, domination, epic fights and so on.
Graphic till H5 chronicle is fine for me, in GOD eyes hurts me after 2 hours for example.
GoD is ok imo... I dislike 7 class, its so stupid idea. :S

n

Реакции
Баллы
good luck waiting for a game like L2.

lets see what defines L2:

- smallest factor unit is a group of 9 people.
- over 50 classes, so whatever a player picks is useless to big portion of groups.
- its a grind, so people have to stay in one place for long period of time to level. no quests.
- gear is the shit. the gap between character power of a geared toon and shitty toon is massive.
- world objectives and high-end content are contested, therefore only available to organized clans.
- 90% of the population are effectively slaves of the top 10%.

damn, this looks so appealing to casuals, the target market of any gaming company.

modern MMOs go in the opposite direction:

- factor unit is usually one person, and party has ~5 slots.
- under 10 classes.
- leveling = doing quests and constantly moving. got killed? np just move.
- gear progression is linear. no snowballing. focus on cosmetics.
- high-end content is separated from pvp completely, so people can do instances to get gear and then join battlegrounds to kill people for no reason.

as for gw2, its exactly that. its a game for casuals. it moved the pvp/pve separation to the next level.

on one hand, you have pve, where you level your character from 1 to 80, explore, do dungeons and all that and its pretty good, really. but there is zero pvp. you cant even duel. nothing.
yes, there is WvWvW, but thats just a zerg of unorganized headless chicken smashing buttons, where people either chase the enemy if there is more of you, or run away if there is more of them.

on other hand, you have pvp, which is a competely different game, you are lvl 80 for free, you get the best and only gear for free and you either do battleground for no reason but cosmetic items or tournaments with no ranking whatsoever.

on top of that, the combat feels really clunky and pvp is frustrating because you cant simply kill people, you have to kill them, then try to kill them for real which wont happen since the dead people will interrupt, so you want to try again but now you are dead too because dead people do damage in this game.

closest mmo to L2 is EVE online, in my opinion.

mrkiller

Реакции
Баллы
Is that superman in your signature neiz?

Sirius92

Реакции
Баллы
http://archeage-online.com/post/1718108615#comment-41

!

Rhymus1

Реакции
Баллы
pokemons ftw

KayKay

Реакции
Баллы
ITT nearly no one knows that Tera is the abandoned L3 project and the next Lineage game will be diablo like (from the visuals so far)

shiverr

Реакции
Баллы
There will be competetive MMORPG some day, maybe not tomorrow, but we should expect it.

The main problem with new mmos is the fact that game genere like this require more dedications than others, you can't create any decent mmo game without community that makes it full of life. Such community need, so called, hardcore gamers that take this kind of entertainment very seriously. Surely- there are way more casual players than hardcore gamers, so most devs are looking for such customers, but as we can see- it doesn't go well together, at least in this genere. I guess the game should attract players who are looking for a challenge, so there should be lots of competetive stuff like PvP (small scale, big scale), some political beings like clans, alliances and demanding PvE that promote being smart rather than having too much time. There should be also some content for casual players- both kind of gamers benefit from each other- dedicated players create unpredctable and dynamic game environment that is way more interesting than scripted history, while casual players create the community- suppliers, customers and very often allies (at some point) for those who are factors. Beside that, I really don't believe that you are casual/hardcore for life- for example I never thought that gaming will become my new and main hobby, I don't even imagine that I could spend some money on a online game before I discovered L2. The main difference between those two groups is attitude, and we all know that attitude might change if you are experiencing something new. Now, the puzzlement is to actually forge this idea into a brand new MMORPG, which might be "a little" harder than just thinking of it.

About GW2- the game is probably more polished than products, that claimed to be new gen MMO and failed miserably. Still, it's based on the same concept- to attract casual players and deny the existance of a competetive gamers. It's all new, bright and interesting to discover new content that rewards you for everything and doesn't punish for being dumb/unskilled/sociopathic. Untill everything is discovered, it's interesting, but at some point it will be just repetetive, the all benefits of having many people at one place are neglected- you basically play single player game with a chat and a little bit smarter NPCs that run around you. I really don't think that this game will survive very long, content creation process is much slower than discovering it, therfore game will be abandoned, since players are unable to create their own way to enjoy the game.

Rhymus1

Реакции
Баллы
Srsly I dont care, I just want to play old c4/5/6 thats all.

OP
OP
A

assemble

Реакции
Баллы
Guild Wars 2 Tutorial: How to PvP against thieves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8BJrmrUaU

Guild Wars 2 PVP: Warrior/Guardian vs Elementalist/Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMoPVEuzBc

bestofthebest

Реакции
Баллы
www.graciafinal.eu
GF L2Off x5 (AdvExt64 - ?-?) - 5-? !
www.graciafinal.eu
Server platform: L2OFF Gracia Final, all known bugs fixed within.
  • All in-game features are working retail-like.
  • International community.
  • Strong anti-bot software.
  • Maximum 2 game windows are allowed by anti-bot software.
  • Balanced donations:
  • - Premium items: +50% EXP and SP bonus items.
  • - Various fashionable accessories, hats, agathions, etc.
  • Offline shop function.
Server machine:
  • 32 GB DDR3 RAM
  • Intel Core i7-2600 Quadcore with Hyper-Threading Technology
  • 1 Gbit onboard connected at 100 Mbit line
Basic server rates:
  • EXP x5 amount
  • SP x5 amount
  • Drop x5 chance (x1 amount) / Drop amount for materials and parts x5
  • Spoil x5 chance (x1 amount) / Spoil amount for materials and parts x5
  • Adena x5 amount (x1 chance)
  • Seal Stone x5 amount (x1 chance)
  • Boss Drop x5 chance (x1 amount)
  • Boss EXP x5 amount
  • Boss SP x5 amount
  • Boss Adena x5 amount (x1 chance)
  • Quest items drop x1 chance (x1 amount) / Most important quests group ? quest items drop chance and amount x3
  • Quest reward amount (x1) / Adena and EXP reward amount x5

wooptemp

Реакции
Баллы
Pepsi ? сказал(а):
I wish L3 would be identical to L2 in C1 -] C6 (with updates like on l2) but with tera's beautiful graphics.
But I dont doubt that it will be beautiful because most korean mmos are, and Lineage Eternal looks pretty beautiful.
Imagine how cool and nostalgic it would be to play a brand new game with themes from l2, like walking through a new revamped Talking Island with the same music and shit :3
Didn't see this post until now but ArcheAge is made by the team who made L2 Prelude - C5 and will have L2 type of PvP afaik (you can make your own factions or crap like that).
n сказал(а):
good luck waiting for a game like L2.
lets see what defines L2:
- smallest factor unit is a group of 9 people.
- over 50 classes, so whatever a player picks is useless to big portion of groups.
- its a grind, so people have to stay in one place for long period of time to level. no quests.
- gear is the shit. the gap between character power of a geared toon and shitty toon is massive.
- world objectives and high-end content are contested, therefore only available to organized clans.
- 90% of the population are effectively slaves of the top 10%.
damn, this looks so appealing to casuals, the target market of any gaming company.
modern MMOs go in the opposite direction:
- factor unit is usually one person, and party has ~5 slots.
- under 10 classes.
- leveling = doing quests and constantly moving. got killed? np just move.
- gear progression is linear. no snowballing. focus on cosmetics.
- high-end content is separated from pvp completely, so people can do instances to get gear and then join battlegrounds to kill people for no reason.
as for gw2, its exactly that. its a game for casuals. it moved the pvp/pve separation to the next level.
on one hand, you have pve, where you level your character from 1 to 80, explore, do dungeons and all that and its pretty good, really. but there is zero pvp. you cant even duel. nothing.
yes, there is WvWvW, but thats just a zerg of unorganized headless chicken smashing buttons, where people either chase the enemy if there is more of you, or run away if there is more of them.
on other hand, you have pvp, which is a competely different game, you are lvl 80 for free, you get the best and only gear for free and you either do battleground for no reason but cosmetic items or tournaments with no ranking whatsoever.
on top of that, the combat feels really clunky and pvp is frustrating because you cant simply kill people, you have to kill them, then try to kill them for real which wont happen since the dead people will interrupt, so you want to try again but now you are dead too because dead people do damage in this game.

closest mmo to L2 is EVE online, in my opinion.
Also this is all very true and EVE is the shit.

Rhymus1

Реакции
Баллы
Do you remember game named Rohan or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх