Lineage 2 performance (1 Viewer)

• Автор темы MichaelV
  • Дата начала

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
wolfdale (e8x00's) should have no problems going up to 400mhz fsb (3.6 ghz for e8400) from 333mhz default (3 ghz). those cpu's can operate at up to 90 celcius but i usually don't oc any further if the temps are already 55+ because there is always a chance that the cpu is low quality. this leaves a huge headroom for failure so my cpu won't go boom

if you really want to push it, improving case airflow should be on the top of your list. hot air goes out the back/top, outside air comes from the front/side. unfortunately noise level is one of things you'll need to sacrifice unless your fans are huge (120+mm). i'm currently running my e8200 (2.66ghz) at 3.4ghz 24/7 with the stock cooler and temperature never goes over 45 celcius.

StupidAdvertising

Реакции
Баллы
What? U can't be serious, that's impossible. Depends on what you do i guess.
Please try running Prime95 for 15-20 minutes and don't forget to have Core Temp running. Then tell me your max temperature. Mine was 58 after 20 minutes (usually idling at 55-56). Also, running Crysis Warhead on max settings (1280x1024 with no AA) for 1h+, made it go to about 60/61 degrees. No other game i tried made the CPU temp go over 50 something (54 i think).

And i'm using a very powerful air cooler. Maybe the problem is the replaced vent fan? The original ran up to 2000 rpm but it was extremely loud. Changed it with a silent fan from another cooler (that i can't remember the name right now) that doesn't go above 835 rpm.
Should i try and find a better fan for it?

malikretenasti

Реакции
Баллы
baho сказал(а):
Just got an E8400 few days ago and the performance boost was quite big from the last C2D i had (one of the very early ones). I usually had 3-4 fps in aden with all shops loaded and with this new CPU i get something around 20. Still not perfectly fluid (u need 24+ for that) but a looooooooot better and actually playable. If it works like this in mass pvp, i can do more then just running around ... like TARGETING :))
Was thinking of oc'ing it a little, but i don't know if my current cooler is enough. It's a tuniq tower 120 with a custom silent vent. It's nice that u can't hear it, but it spins at max 800 rpm. And atm, the max temperature is 60/61 degrees. Do you suppose i can oc it to 3,66Ghz without risking overheating?
You shouldn't overclock it you should keep CPU at max 65 celsius, more = sux. It isn't graphic card so it must run on lower temps. Well if you want it running 3 months only you can go xD

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
baho сказал(а):
What? U can't be serious, that's impossible. Depends on what you do i guess.
Please try running Prime95 for 15-20 minutes and don't forget to have Core Temp running. Then tell me your max temperature. Mine was 58 after 20 minutes (usually idling at 55-56). Also, running Crysis Warhead on max settings (1280x1024 with no AA) for 1h+, made it go to about 60/61 degrees. No other game i tried made the CPU temp go over 50 something (54 i think).
And i'm using a very powerful air cooler. Maybe the problem is the replaced vent fan? The original ran up to 2000 rpm but it was extremely loud. Changed it with a silent fan from another cooler (that i can't remember the name right now) that doesn't go above 835 rpm.
Should i try and find a better fan for it?
46910597.jpg

after 40 minutes of prime95 with l2, sc2, l4d2, sonar, and wmp playing a dvd actively running in the background. and yes this is with the stock cooler that came with my e8200.
make sure the airflow is well. like i mentioned previously, hot air blows out the back/top, outside air comes in from front/side. you might probably need to clean out the dust if you haven't done that in a while, and perhaps even rearrange the cabling if you have patience
gpu - self explanatory
temp1 - cpu die temperature
temp2 - case temp
temp3 - no idea, one of those mysterious "sensors" used as reference i think
core 0 - self explanatory
core 1 - self explanatory

n0click

Реакции
Баллы
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4764/temphy.jpg

with 2 l2 , after 3 h since i had pc open , temp is 34 =D

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
ya but your cpu is underclocked by 1 ghz lol

DeZZ1

Реакции
Баллы
Nice thread here!
I was always curious about this l2 caratheristic(bad performance :p), cuz like 1 ago or something I bought a PC (configured by me, piece by pice) cuz mine was really old.
Now I have a PC that I consider a good one(not the top, but ok) and still sometimes on L2 I get really low fps ... and I never was on a MASS pvp or big siege with this PC... aden with all shops loaded i have fps between 15-25 maybe :/
Specs:
C2D E8400 @ 3GHz
MSI - P43NEO-F @ ASUS - TA210
KINGSTON 4GB HYPERX DC @ 1066MHz CL5
Sapphire HD 4890 @ LG W1934S
WD - Caviar Green HDD 500GB SATA II
LC Power - 600W 6600GP2 V2.3 140mm
Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
and I wanna ask: anyone here played L2 with HDD and changed to SSD?
whats is your opinion about this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSqQEPNoD8 ? confirm?
I realy think the next thing ill do when i get some money is to get a SSD cuz is really a must nowadays for a better performance.

Sardy

Реакции
Баллы
Haven't read the whole topic, but those guys saying that Lineage is a single threaded application are indeed correct, raw floating-point power is what l2 needs most. Just look at your task manager/process explorer when you're running the game and you'll see it.

What you folks with multicore CPUs want to do - or test out - is to set your OS to run the game on single core only. (at least in Win XP). The OS is trying to split up computing up to all cores, but it doesn't work out very well. Try it next time you're raiding Tiat, the fortress part is where everyone cries that they have like 5 fps, go to your task manager and "set affinity" on l2.exe process and uncheck all but one core. Then tell me if you've noticed any difference (or I am the only one :-\ ).

venduj

Реакции
Баллы
Sardy сказал(а):
Haven't read the whole topic, but those guys saying that Lineage is a single threaded application are indeed correct, raw floating-point power is what l2 needs most. Just look at your task manager/process explorer when you're running the game and you'll see it.
What you folks with multicore CPUs want to do - or test out - is to set your OS to run the game on single core only. (at least in Win XP). The OS is trying to split up computing up to all cores, but it doesn't work out very well. Try it next time you're raiding Tiat, the fortress part is where everyone cries that they have like 5 fps, go to your task manager and "set affinity" on l2.exe process and uncheck all but one core. Then tell me if you've noticed any difference (or I am the only one  :-\ ).
i cant do it for l2.exe ( access denied ), win vista :)
edit: ok i failed, i didnt run taskmanager as admin :)

Arcain

Реакции
Баллы
@DeZZ, well, running L2 from SSD drives does decrease loading times signifficantly and yea, it looks like on that video you posted.

DeZZ1

Реакции
Баллы
Ye so it is helpful for l2 in general :)
Maybe a litle inscrease in fps and no breaks while acessing textures and everything..
Hope one day I'll have one :p

J

Jawline

Hello everyone,,
wont be noticeable, its what n0click said, even if u have nasa pc sometimes there are some places in l2 that load many shits the same time. For example in toi 13, when u are at 13rd floor, u actually load the whole ToI .
for example my pc is good enough, at least for l2, its more than ok... but sometimes when i am at hb and running deeper and deeper, im getting some freezes and that happens to all members of my party
showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.vet/
@michaelV, there is a file i am using, i tested it on my last server it was awesome, it make your proccesor use all the cores for lineage, so the game run smoothy.

Banish

Реакции
Баллы
Stop Attack Ukraine !!!! Russia open eyes Putin take soldiers on die if you dont know where is your son or dad they die there, Rus soldier kill civil normal people how i how you.

On Ukraine die 6000 Rus soldier on this day

R

realpetro7

yes quote my entire post then recommend unlocking 2 cores on a dual core after i explicitly said that multiple cores have 0 effect on l2

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх