Lineage 2 performance (1 Viewer)

• Автор темы MichaelV
  • Дата начала
M

MichaelV

Can anyone who knows more on this matter post here please? I'm curious as to what is it that makes this game run better.
What kind of hardware and game settings are required for 25+ fps in 100 people fight.

Any links with discussions on the matter are welcomed.

CrossFirepwnz

Реакции
Баллы
MichaelV сказал(а):
Can anyone who knows more on this matter post here please? I'm curious as to what is it that makes this game run better.
What kind of hardware and game settings are required for 25+ fps in 100 people fight.
Any links with discussions on the matter are welcomed.
Afaik, l2 mostly depend on yours ram, HHD and Processor... To play smoothly you need quad processor, a lot of rams and SSD Hard disk. :)

OP
OP
M

MichaelV

I suppose faster ram and HDD are for loading times, but i'm mostly interested in the FPS. Is it mostly dependent on the CPU?
If yes, Is L2 even using more then 1 core? If yes, what would it be better, a dual oc'ed at let's say 4Ghz or a quad at 3Ghz?

Sarasin12

Реакции
Баллы
that's false, if you have the right OS you can use several cores to manage an application.

KnGhtmRe

Реакции
Баллы
afaik l2 is not optimized for multi-core. so one core with high frequency is better. also, l2 is faulty in clearing up the used ram, so a Start]Turn Off]Restart is recommended before sieges and epic fights.

n0click

Реакции
Баллы
depends of the place where u fight , engine of l2 is too old and even a good PC wont help u , for example i have e8400 cpu , 4 gb ram , evga 9800 gt 512 mb ddr3 , and to be honest in toi 13 if is mass pvp i drop to 3-4 fps .

i think u need a good proc , good video card so it can load the texture faster , and a raid hdd :D 7200 ones arent that good

gfnob

Реакции
Баллы
I think stuff like fsb, cache memory of the cpu, the speed of the ram matter but gpu won`t make any big difference.

StupidAdvertising

Реакции
Баллы
n0click, is your E8400 oc'ed? Or running at stock speed?
I got one on the way, along with a powerful cooler and i intend to oc it at 4Ghz. I hope this will get me acceptable fps in mass pvp ;[

malikretenasti

Реакции
Баллы
Sarasin12 сказал(а):
that's false, if you have the right OS you can use several cores to manage an application.
You have right, Lineage will use both cores the point is that most of people bought a new computer and they think its all. No, it isnt. Lineage II engine is muuuuuch CPU sensitive game so highest boost of FPS u'll see if you put better CPU. If you got some weird cooling system, dont overclock it (couse its to hot now qq). Mid range graphic card can be enough for normal gameplay for classic users it means ( w/o anti aliasing, shadows and so on no needet crap). Dropping FPS down to 3-4 and increasing it back mostly called "freeze" can be seen when your machine can't load textures that fast, or you are using memory modules wich has different chip and frequencys in dual/tripple channel otherwise you have some software problem (outdated drivers, applications wich may causing it (for example i had problem with punkbuster program). Since you need much RAM for lineage2 put more of it , it isnt expensive nowadays (3gb+ should be enough) if you dont wanna hear your hdd in second room. If you are po0r, or not that rich u can always try to be a genious and maybe u'll be in situation to find cheap SCSI disc instead of other hard drives (u need SCSI controller for it too) it can be a good solution for you too. AMD manufacturers gave out their Dual core optimizer long ago. It is a tool wich helps you in those applications that bypass windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC insctruction. In other words, I've tryed it myself on a windows 7 ultimate OS and amd dual core 64 and there was a good result, since your operating system now knows how to use both or more cores. DONT try to install this patch on INTEL cpus only AMD. If you owe a intel CPU 2 core processor or even a HyperThreading u'll have to edit registry. START -] RUN  type regedit and enter. There navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session Manager. In Session manager create a New Key and name it Throttle. At the right do right click, new DWORD value, name it "PerfEnablePackageIdle" ( without  " " of course). Right click at it and modify it, give it a hexadecimal value 1 and ok. Reboot your PC. Low FPS where are 100 ppl+ happen becouse of hardcore CPU job and not couse of some loadings, once loaded - problem solved almost. Once ive had problem when i cleaned my cooler at CPU i didnt put it correctly back so there was air between it and CPU (i didnt forget the termal paste) it just was phisically wrong setted, PC was so doomed especially in games. So... there is a lot of explanation and answer differ from system to system.   

nOclick

Реакции
Баллы
baho сказал(а):
I got one on the way, along with a powerful cooler and i intend to oc it at 4Ghz. I hope this will get me acceptable fps in mass pvp ;[
wont be noticeable, its what n0click said, even if u have nasa pc sometimes there are some places in l2 that load many shits the same time. For example in toi 13, when u are at 13rd floor, u actually load the whole ToI .
for example my pc is good enough, at least for l2, its more than ok... but sometimes when i am at hb and running deeper and deeper, im getting some freezes and that happens to all members of my party
@michaelV, there is a file i am using, i tested it on my last server it was awesome, it make your proccesor use all the cores for lineage, so the game run smoothy

n0click

Реакции
Баллы
baho сказал(а):
nah i didnt over clock it :D it's at 3 ghz

Guardian1

Реакции
Баллы
http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94009&highlight=performance it's kinda old but........

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
i was gonna type a huge essay to explain but i decide not to because if i do, it'll be 100 pages in length

hardware wise -

in a nutshell here's what you need to know. l2 relies heavily on ram, your storage device (hard drive or ssd etc), and cpu

ram: higher frequency and lower timings = better. frequency will yield better results than timings unless it is set up extremely poorly. oh and make sure you have enough to run all the things in your background. 4gb should be more than enough

storage: the faster the better. put your operating system, game client, and virtual memory on the fastest drive if you're using a ssd. otherwise put them on different partitions (or another hard drive on the comp)

cpu: despite what everyone seem to believe, MULTIPLE CORES DO NOT MATTER IN L2. l2 runs off the UT2 engine, that thing is so old, it can't even take advantage of hyperthreading, let alone multi-core processing. quad cores actually run SLOWER than dual cores if both cpu's have identical specs and speed. what you're looking for in a cpu for l2 are: 1. raw speed and 2. cache size. raw speed is self explanatory. as for cache, you want quantity, not speed. the bigger the better.

software wise -

l2, since the game first came out, has HORRIBLE memory leak issues. memory leak is when the data in your ram does not erase itself when it is supposed to (something that can easily fixed with 1 line of code, fuck ncsoft). combine that with the constant data swapping between ram and page file, well basically the longer you leave your client running, the shittier the performance will be. this is nothing a simple client restart won't fix

little tips and tricks on the software side are primarily memory management and slight network alterations. personally i wouldn't do it unless i know what i'm doing, because the slightest mistake has the potential of fucking your entire computer up.

malikretenasti

Реакции
Баллы
eric сказал(а):
i was gonna type a huge essay to explain but i decide not to because if i do, it'll be 100 pages in length
hardware wise -
in a nutshell here's what you need to know. l2 relies heavily on ram, your storage device (hard drive or ssd etc), and cpu
ram: higher frequency and lower timings = better. frequency will yield better results than timings unless it is set up extremely poorly. oh and make sure you have enough to run all the things in your background. 4gb should be more than enough
storage: the faster the better. put your operating system, game client, and virtual memory on the fastest drive if you're using a ssd. otherwise put them on different partitions (or another hard drive on the comp)
cpu: despite what everyone seem to believe, MULTIPLE CORES DO NOT MATTER IN L2. l2 runs off the UT2 engine, that thing is so old, it can't even take advantage of hyperthreading, let alone multi-core processing. quad cores actually run SLOWER than dual cores if both cpu's have identical specs and speed. what you're looking for in a cpu for l2 are: 1. raw speed and 2. cache size. raw speed is self explanatory. as for cache, you want quantity, not speed. the bigger the better.
software wise -
l2, since the game first came out, has HORRIBLE memory leak issues. memory leak is when the data in your ram does not erase itself when it is supposed to (something that can easily fixed with 1 line of code, fuck ncsoft). combine that with the constant data swapping between ram and page file, well basically the longer you leave your client running, the shittier the performance will be. this is nothing a simple client restart won't fix
little tips and tricks on the software side are primarily memory management and slight network alterations. personally i wouldn't do it unless i know what i'm doing, because the slightest mistake has the potential of fucking your entire computer up.
Well... GM is asking about situations were is fight of 100ppl+. Most of CPU-s getting "tired" in such situations. For gaming i can advice you intel c2d e7500 or e8400 e8600 (depends from your wallet) with some good cooler they can go easily to 4 GHZ with stock 3.5 shouldn't be a problem, or go for a AMD phenom II x2 if you got some luck you can unlock 2 more cores and cache. (google arround and see more about this its not OC-ing but unlocking).

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
yes quote my entire post then recommend unlocking 2 cores on a dual core after i explicitly said that multiple cores have 0 effect on l2

malikretenasti

Реакции
Баллы
eric сказал(а):
yes quote my entire post then recommend unlocking 2 cores on a dual core after i explicitly said that multiple cores have 0 effect on l2
Quoteing isnt allowed? Do you think everybody believes in your story? Dont forget they did update it after with the 2004 UT 2.5 and 2.x wich supported dual cores, not at all but it did.

eric1

Реакции
Баллы
except that l2 never migrated to unreal engine 2.5 because that would require them to rewrite the entire client from scratch which = flushing money down the toilet

StupidAdvertising

Реакции
Баллы
Just got an E8400 few days ago and the performance boost was quite big from the last C2D i had (one of the very early ones). I usually had 3-4 fps in aden with all shops loaded and with this new CPU i get something around 20. Still not perfectly fluid (u need 24+ for that) but a looooooooot better and actually playable. If it works like this in mass pvp, i can do more then just running around ... like TARGETING :))

Was thinking of oc'ing it a little, but i don't know if my current cooler is enough. It's a tuniq tower 120 with a custom silent vent. It's nice that u can't hear it, but it spins at max 800 rpm. And atm, the max temperature is 60/61 degrees. Do you suppose i can oc it to 3,66Ghz without risking overheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх