System.dll - Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine (1 Viewer)

bsrealm

Реакции
Баллы
Hey everyone:
I get this error. I downloaded via the torrent, got the updater, updated with full check, my files seem to be similar to my friend's. So this is a configuration/setting issue I think. Am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. Not running on a virtual machine.
First, System.dll - Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine
dc41bbb58e.png

After I dismiss that, I get l2.exe: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
fa943d38c3.png

I searched around a bit, but to no avail. I've run L2 on Windows 8 before as well.
Thanks!

madness2

Реакции
Баллы
Im not rly into technical stuff but u should write to support guys will give u an answer :)

OP
OP
B

bsrealm

Реакции
Баллы
Well, support is not very helpful. He seems to think its an Updater issue, links to and keeps asking me to download .NET Framework 2.0, even after I showed him that it is installed and thats how it is bundled under Windows 8.1 ]_[
Oh well. I hope someone else had this issue and fixed it ;) Trying it out on my laptop now :)
I confirmed I have .NET Framework 2.0 (x86). Running Windows 8.1 Pro.
3a7f63a06a.png

Thanks!

madness2

Реакции
Баллы
just keep it up im sure u will find answer :) sorry i cant be more helpful

Chief1

Реакции
Баллы
Hello
Please uninstall AVAST. I'm serious :)

OP
OP
B

bsrealm

Реакции
Баллы
Chief сказал(а):
Hello
Please uninstall AVAST. I'm serious :)
Haha, I tried disabling Windows Defender (I don't have AVAST installed :p) but still no change. So odd! Thanks for the tips. Any more ideas?
Don't say reinstall Windows!

OP
OP
B

bsrealm

Реакции
Баллы
So, I have a Windows 10 install and the game works there. Gotta try and eliminate whats interfering with L2 in the Windows 8.1 install hmm. Maybe some virtual network driver type stuff or something?

Chief1

Реакции
Баллы
it's weird. May be you have any other security software based on
virtualization technologies with sandbox functions. Do you have any Hyper-V elements enabled in windows components?
From past experience users who had installed AVAST on their PC had same problem. Several users successfully fixed issue through uninstalling AVAST. In the fight against cheaters and spammers our protection denies running game client in virtual environment such as Vmware, Virtual Box and etc :) But sometimes it gets a false positive.

WildRose

Реакции
Баллы
I had an error when running the updater, so i started the game with l2.exe, but I had a weird error last night, it told me to check RAM or uninstall any virtual machine and to submit support ticket with the copy of one of my system folder files for support to check. It seemed to say that was banned.

But i just replaced the system folder with one that was working on a different PC, replaced the updater with a new one, made update and it worked.

dunno if it`s the same thing, but you might as well give it a try

gl

=ZBN=

support.rpg-club.info
Реакции
Баллы
1 164
If u have critical errors or another mistakes with client - write a ticket with text error/mistake and screenshot at support.rpg-club.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх