Ramdisk/SSD (1 Viewer)

Cronos2

Реакции
Баллы
Is anyone using ramdisk(or SSD disk) for L2? If so, please post here your PC specs/software you use/your fps in some location(like Giran/Goddard/Aden or Hellbound)...
Thanks a lot...

Volume

Реакции
Баллы
Not quite sure what you mean "For L2", but my system runs a SSD for the Operating System.

Specs:

Hard Drives:
- 30GB - OCZ Vertex SSD (Operating System)
- 300GB - Maxtor 10000 RPM (Fraps + Music/Programs)
- 300GB - Western Digital (Data Storage)

RAM:
- 4GB

CPU:
- AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core

Operating System:
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Graphics Card:
- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

OP
OP
C

Cronos2

Реакции
Баллы
by "for L2" I mean if you have L2 installed on your SSD drive(because of the access time/read speed of ssd it should run better then when you have L2 on "normal" disk).

btw. how many FPS do you get in Giran/during mass pvp?

btw2. sorry for my English - if you're not sure what I'm trying to say then just ask me and I'll try to explain it

C

CommunismFTW

U won't get better fps, u'll just get better loading times.

inermis

Реакции
Баллы
if u want more fps get better CPU :] its proven ( somewhere on blah ) that CPU speed influences FPS in l2 the most.

darkflame

Реакции
Баллы
Cronos сказал(а):
by "for L2" I mean if you have L2 installed on your SSD drive(because of the access time/read speed of ssd it should run better   then when you have L2 on "normal" disk).
btw. how many FPS do you get in Giran/during mass pvp?
btw2. sorry for my English - if you're not sure what I'm trying to say then just ask me and I'll try to explain it
The only advantage you get in Mass PvP is that NPCs and Player load alot faster, but it mostly doesn't increase your fps. It mostly only matter for L2 + Frapsing, because you have almost no fps lose with a good SSD (tested with a OCZ Vertex 100 GB). Still you need a good CPU (good C2D, i5 or i7) and good RAM with good timings/speed.

OP
OP
C

Cronos2

Реакции
Баллы
that's exactly what I wanted to know :) I really hate unstable FPS when I am frapsing something....

Thanks for all the replies :)

Dude1

Реакции
Баллы
ye, if u rly want better fps, dont waste money for SSD disc and buy i7 + DDR 3 (2133MHz) and u can handle 99% mass pvp at L2

Реакции
Баллы
SSD only helps load times, period. In games like Crysis it can stabilize fps somewhat since it often loads textures mid-gameplay, but I seriously doubt it would affect you in L2 at all (besides load time, which is blazing fast with my x25-m)

If you get a new cpu, stay the fuck away from that amd crap. Intels oc better, and they have more instruction sets (where they can be used - they will waste the amd cpu that can't use them in performance)

Also, if you want performance, don't use fraps, it's shit. Camstudio (free) and hypercam (set them to use huffyuv in ffdshow encoder) don't cause performance loss when recording a game - fraps LOVES to kill performance, and it has an AA bug with some older games like PW causing astronomical performance loss.
Hopefully camstudio will see improvements, its lack of configuration is abysmal.

gfnob

Реакции
Баллы
When i change the default encoder is not working

BadDude

Реакции
Баллы
inermis сказал(а):
if u want more fps get better CPU :] its proven ( somewhere on blah ) that CPU speed influences FPS in l2 the most.
single core CPU, l2 engine doesnt support multi core CPU, so it will always use only one, so in l2 case 3GHz cpu ] 2x1.5GHz. It used to be this way till sometime ago, maybe it has changed in some modern chronicle but i dont know anything about those changes - this way it used to be till Interlude, later dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх