[PT-BR] Mage CP recruting (SWS and BD) (1 Viewer)

Plancton

Реакции
Баллы
Mage cp 10+ recruting sws + bd

pm "Tio
discord: Tio#3551

leonardsores

Реакции
Баллы
I'm 27 and have had several different JOBS: waiter, busboy, delivery driver, bouncer, golf caddy, election judge, barista, job I don't want to talk about, construction laborer and several different CAREERS (post-college): entrepreneur, financial consultant, B2B sales rep, metalworker. The difference between the two is in one you are learning and getting paid, and in the other you are just getting paid. Always strive to do something where you are learning.

I never had a single passion growing up, like wanting to be a firefighter or whatever - I just knew that I wanted to have some freedom in it. And so I've always leaned towards the entrepreneurial.

However, I'm not that smart. I'm not a tech prodigy, I'm not insanely self-confident. I haven't had the skills or the focus or the discipline to create a successful business that I can live on. And I have always wanted money and interesting work NOW, not in years when I can make that dream come true. So I've spent a lot of time and energy thinking about how to work towards that business-owner dream without actually owning a business, and testing different things.

So if you are someone who doesn't know what they want to do, but knows they have entrepreneurial dreams, you need to develop entrepreneurial SKILLS now. I know that seems so vague, especially if you don't even know what type of business you want to own, but I've come to the conclusion that there are two types of work that you can get into without any formal education that can help you achieve those dreams - sales or a trade.

SALES

I have never had a better business education than spending 16 months in a B2B sales role, and I have a bachelor's degree in business. It's not even a close comparison.

I made 100 cold calls a day at first and got rejected more times than I can remember, but slowly won business over time. If you want to be a successful entrepreneur, you WILL have to sell a service or product to new clients - that's practically the definition of the job.

Sales is arguably the most difficult general component of starting a business, and the most uncomfortable, which is why the top sales rep often makes as much money as the C-suite in small and medium-sized companies. It is also, in my opinion, the most neglected skill in small business operations.

People don't go into sales for several reasons - it's hard, it's uncomfortable, it's misunderstood. Being a B2B sales rep in a complex industry (transportation, software/technology, marketing services, etc.) in 2018 is not being a used car salesman. You can't just slick-talk your way into business with RED HOT DEALS - you need to be able to articulate how complicated products and services can impact a business's bottom line, and you need to do this (if you're in your 20s) to those who are 20-30 years older than you AKA "decision-makers". It should be obvious that this sets you up to be a successful entrepreneur in ANY field.

You also learn a bunch of other useful general business skills like: how to live by your calendar, how to be organized, how to take notes, how to run a meeting, how to introduce yourself properly, how to make a pitch, how to get BANT, how to cold call, how to network, etc. PLUS you can make a lot of moolah while you learn those skills.

I spent months cold calling business executives pitching complex technology products. Now I call local small businesses and pitch my own simple (unrelated) service. Guess what? Most of the people I talk to now have never had someone cold call, professionally, to offer this service before with such professionalism, and I'm getting callbacks and meetings at an astounding rate.

You don't need a college education to get into B2B sales and you DON'T need to be an extrovert. You need to have good social awareness, work hard, and take coaching well. So when you DO find your dream business, you are ready to grow it.

TRADE

Many people won't get into sales for the aforementioned reasons, and many can't. This is a little less obvious, but I think that getting into a trade can really set people up to succeed as an entrepreneur. When I say trade I mean jobs like carpenter, electrician, or plumber. But those are generic categories - there are countless specialty trades in this country.

First, understand that a trade will ground you in the physical things of this world. I think too many of us millennials (guilty as charged) are so focused on the next big SEO, dropshipping, Amazon FBA, Etsy Store, whatever internet thing - that we miss the world of opportunity that is physically around us, which frankly suits many personalities better than sitting on a computer all day.

Look at the construction industry. It is extremely fragmented, with many small enterprises offering niche services, with varying levels of professionalism. If you are honest and capable and customer-oriented, then you can get good enough to sell your own lucrative service in a fairly short time.

There is a world of opportunity to work for yourself or create flexibility in your life to follow your passions in the trades. I'll give two examples:

Being proficient at a trade can be some of the most flexible and lucrative work around. Where I live good welders bill themselves out for independent work at 80-120 dollars an hour. I know many who will work for a few months, and then take time off. Or work seasonally. Or whatever. You could make a good living working half the year if you keep your expenses down and use the other half on whatever passion you have in a job like that.

Interested in growing rich? More millionaires are made in real estate than any other industry in the US - by far. You know who really has an edge in real estate? Who can save money on their investments, and really understand the guts of a property? Someone who can remodel a bathroom or wire a house or plumb a kitchen. Being capable with your hands is an underrated skillset among the "educated" class today.

IN CONCLUSION

I know this is just scratching the surface of these things. I got caught up for years in trying to, like, understand some esoteric internet marketing strategy - thinking I was going to build some internet fortune and really find what I'm passionate about. Some do that, I'll admit, but for most of us I think there are more accessible, practical, and honestly fun ways to go about investing in our entrepreneurial toolbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх