How to play L2 rpg-club on linux (ubuntu) (1 Viewer)

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
Dear admins, how we can play in this server on linux (ubuntu)?
Maybe got any ideas how to connect here??

the main problem is updater. with WINE i can't install .net framework perfectly so i can't run updater... any ideas?

Guardian1

Реакции
Баллы
parazitc сказал(а):
Dear admins, how we can play in this server on linux (ubuntu)?
Maybe got any ideas how to connect here?
the main problem is updater.  with WINE i can't install .net framework perfectly so i can't run updater... any ideas?
install windows xp/7

WaffenSS

Реакции
Баллы
you can start the game without updater... rename the updater (ex: rpgclubup.exe) and start the game from system/l2.exe (if dosent work im prety shure here was a patch to start the game without update...)
if your missing some files and want to update make a virtual box.

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
it won't work too.. i got error. i need "engine.dll" from update. anyone can share it here? or better all system (updated with rpg club updater.

WaffenSS

Реакции
Баллы
http://www.2shared.com/file/PDVhYUrS/Engine.html here is the engine.dll. anyway beter for update make a virtual box and run updater. plus you need to kill gameguard. and other things.. here is a nice guide http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=38130&sid=818f504079c50fe76ac8a2952f1a7f5c

Arcain

Реакции
Баллы
For .net framework check winetricks, it should install various .net framework version without any problems under Wine.

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
i tried install it with winetricks but it still crashes... however... i can play l2 now. i replaced engine.dll, fixed gameguard, choosed l2.exe to run as "windows xp @ wine config" and thats it! :)

thanks guys.

P.S. are any ways to improve L2 performance ? :)

Lokocz

Реакции
Баллы
parazitc сказал(а):
i tried install it with winetricks but it still crashes... however... i can play l2 now. i replaced engine.dll, fixed gameguard, choosed l2.exe to run as "windows xp @ wine config" and thats it! :)
thanks guys.
P.S. are any ways to improve L2 performance ? :)
the easiest one is to improve ur hardware :D

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
i hardware is pretty nice..

amd x4 620 (3.2ghz +++), 4gb ram , hd4770 vga, aaks hard disk.

Arcain

Реакции
Баллы
Guess there's not much to do here, L2 always worked crappy with Wine and with ATI (they got better, but still) drivers you can't expect much. Tried lowering graphics details in game, including shadows, all shaders and so on?

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
yes, it works but i wasn't asking this :) i mean without game/vga setups, are any way to improve performance for l2 or any other game? maybe ishould say, Are any way to stop some process to get better performance?

On archlinux there is something... (as 1 friend told to me) but he is traveling at the moment.. so i can;t to ask :(

Lokocz

Реакции
Баллы
parazitc сказал(а):
yes, it works but i wasn't asking this :) i mean without game/vga setups, are any way to improve performance for l2 or any other game? maybe ishould say, Are any way to stop some process to get better performance?
On archlinux there is something... (as 1 friend told to me) but he is traveling at the moment.. so i can;t to ask :(
ofc there is a lot of soft which will help ya to increase ur performance, dunno much about ati and linux tho

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
maybe can you name it?? several atleast :)

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
hahaha.. thats not funny :)

iStrenki

Реакции
Баллы
I heard on Linux you can access internet, watch movies and listen to music!
I wish windows would have such features :/

install win7 and play l2 on it. stop asking stupid questions how to play game on linux ... jeez

WaffenSS

Реакции
Баллы
iStrenki сказал(а):
install win7 and play l2 on it. stop asking stupid questions how to play game on linux ... jeez
maybe he use Linux for work or at school (e.t.c)( or he have his own reasons). 

terox

Реакции
Баллы
iStrenki сказал(а):
retard spotted

OP
OP
parazitc1

parazitc1

Реакции
Баллы
linux] windows. there is 1 aspect where windows are better than linux... it's gaming but soon will come gaming distribution of linux. And it will kick ass for windows forever.

Lokocz

Реакции
Баллы
parazitc сказал(а):
linux] windows. there is 1 aspect where windows are better than linux... it's gaming but soon will come gaming distribution of linux. And it will kick ass for windows forever.
many ppl tried to prove linux is better than windows, every1 knows linux exists, still ppl choose windows, have u ever tried to ask urself "why?"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх