How to effectively deal with xenophobic harassment (1 Viewer)

kubojah

Реакции
Баллы
by retards targetting ethnicity, race, nation, language

AKA
how to play with random players on this server

The server's staff invites people from the international community by sharing English client, commercials on English-speaking forums and running English forum on their own website and yet there are no announcements regarding international co-existence in this server (but just 2 languages in some announcements regarding buyable ingame currency). So we can treat this server as international, not nation-limited where you can do virtually anything (which is why harassment can be common).

Overall, this server has a nice community but there are some bratty twats here and there and everybody is used to them being around, which is why only you will be to do anything if they start trying to pick on you. They really are retarded, stupid, blind, uneducated and bratty and won't ever learn until are forced to. And they really do speak English. They are present in every nation/country/society that's anyhow connected in the globalization, but this server doesn't attract all of them, so you can prepare to deal with few groups. You can't change their mentality. Some of them can't properly put in words what they think and what they mean you should never try to understand - better read a good book or watch a movie or talk to someone normal instead. Just disregard, ignore, let them say it out and keep it in their own worlds which you are not a part of. It's generally like avoiding a scorched ground: you walk near, you may get burned, that's just how it is. The best protective gear for such encounters is preparedness.

Solutions:
While getting into any party, make sure either you are the party leader or your friend is a party leader - so you won't be kicked from out of the blue to toy with you. Also, people in your party may have friends in clans who are about to jump your party to take over the spot (I personally saw Counterstand do this) so you either take the risk or are ready to pvp/pk.
Also, don't die - you may not get rezz'ed, even if you're the party leader. Just don't die, let someone else die - whatever. You don't die. And if you get close to death, kick the support who let that happen immediately and find a replacement.
If you are party leader, you can kick people and find replacements - stay friends with damage dealers and healers (if any is hostile towards you it's better to mow that weed out sooner than later).
If you're not the party leader and you cannot dismiss people, type "[nickname] stfu or I leave party" and sit, wait until they shut up. You must make it visible for the whole party, that you are not attacking but simply unable to do your role because some retarded twat is ruining the whole cooperation. If they don't shut up immediately, leave party go SoE find new one or log out and focus on better stuff. Regardless of your role and importance. If whole party will die, it's their fault, not yours. So don't hold back.
You can try to talk back in your own language, to make them be aware that you are using a common language while having your own less-common, but that works only for rationally thinking people and not many of those are racist/nazi/xenophobic, so don't put faith in this to change anything. They can be completely ignorant and careless. It's a digital game, after all - not their job and you're not their boss.

Also, prepared verses of text which you copy and paste into the ingame chat until you don't have to paste them anymore are a great tool. Remember tough, that every victory is temporary and you may need a new one next time :)

the moment you join a party type:
#anyone xenophobic towards English-speaking players here?
if you get an answer, that makes you feel like it means 'yes', leave. Don't answer whispers. Find new one.

Basically, if throwing crap around starts in the party chat, you have just 1 attempt to silence it for good. If you will fail, it will come back up, as the retyards now have an enemy to fight against, which they love. 1 attempt, so make it good.
When things start to get rough:
A prepared macro of light insults in your own language, which is not English - it can do miracles but only if it has some emotional input (otherwise they won't react at all).
For Russians:
#Ty mi pa ruski, ja tebia w mordu. English please.
When Russian retards already got careless:
#Ive been to Russia and there were many women by the side of the road.
#Russian camgirls are the best - they will do anything for a little bit of money.
and just spam it until they shut up. If they talk - again. Whole chat in the spam. And again and again, until they had enough. It may be a looong road though so save your efforts and find another group.
For Greeks:
#Greek so lazy no job is normal.
For Ukrainians:
#I did not conquer your country, Russia did.
For other nations:
they're doing a great job at not being uselessly annoying, at least from my experience.

The above texts will trigger anyone whom you target, regardless of nationality, race, age and gender which is why you should use them only if you have to. You can't ever mis-click on them. Also, by-standers may get mad and turn hostile against you too but they did nothing to stop it from happening so why should you bother?

Otherwise the filth won't stop. People play this game ether for money or pleasure/satisfaction. The minority gets paid. There are sadists everywhere around the world and they play on this server and are safe, behind the cables of the internet. Furthermore, when anyone gets emotional they forget all the rules instantly.

Some Eastern people still do use term 'burgeoise' to describe English-speakers and they don't care that English has 3 times more people speaking it than there are English native-speakers - it's a term that was used to describe high class of the society, which collected the money and did nothing with it, harming the whole nation by not helping. When people who use this term and criticize such attitude get rich themselves, they are no different. But who cares?

They can trigger hostile against you just because you are not like them and/or and you use any other language than they do and you are feeling alright and enjoying this game and your life (yeah, seriously); you may be having decades or centuries of anti-international propaganda oozing right in the chat, you may feel the effects of ever-lasting hatred caused by post-war trauma, you may be meeting a person griefed by the loudness of USA's election, you may be dealing with the hatred of the international-exploitation which some governments have in common, or it may be simply the result of being locked in the area with no hope of finding a way out or to improve one's life or it may be simply the autism spectrum disorder (which anyone can have) or the pressure of performing a role in a CP which can be completely unenjoyable but enforcing obedience which some people hate and have to get back satisfaction somehow and there you are, random stranger talking fine. These are not the causes you can affect, but of their effects you may need to deal with. Your actions must be quick and self-protective, because you can't help them but you can help yourself.

The question is not for how long can you take it, but if you really should and the answer is always 'nope'. Stop caring and swing away, strike back and/or go away - there is no other option to stay sane and that's always the priority. If you're not enjoying your day, if you're tipsy, triggered, swarmed with hate and just seeking opportunity to strike someone down - they won and you lost. Don't let it happen.

What else can you do? Let them go on? They may kick you out right before Raidboss dies just so you don't get drops, or wait for your death and do nothing, or go on harassing you without any consequences. Staff won't react either. So brace yourself and enjoy the game :)

WhyUdoDis

Реакции
Баллы
Oh boy, you really must have had a shitty experience in the game! I've been playing l2 for like 10 years (4 or 5 on rpg-club) and never had i experienced what you describe here.

And most of the reasons you described about getting kicked from the party is simply lack of skill. If you suck, of course you gonna get kicked, why would anyone bother. Same goes for real life, if you do a shitty job they will replace you.

OP
OP
K

kubojah

Реакции
Баллы
WhyUdoDis сказал(а):
Oh boy, you really must have had a shitty experience in the game! I've been playing l2 for like 10 years (4 or 5 on rpg-club)  and never had i experienced what you describe here.
And most of the reasons you described about getting kicked from the party is simply lack of skill. If you suck, of course you gonna get kicked, why would anyone bother. Same goes for real life, if you do a shitty job they will replace you.
I haven't had any such experiences on all the servers I played on, this is the first one and first time I made a guide like this.
Regarding the latter part - welp, think what you want ^^ The fact, that I am the only one so openly talking about it doesn't mean that I am the only one having it.

Vytukas

Реакции
Баллы
thats how hipster looks like while expierencing l2 for first time ;D
get real l2 and cs 1,6 have (had) best flaming communities. But real flaming, not like idiots in lol report in every sentence. I bet u are one of those " all reported" guys.

Rhymus1

Реакции
Баллы
wall of text, lazy to read xd

korazon

Реакции
Баллы
Its unbelievable how much effort people put in writting those big texts of nothing. You wasted like 30 minutes? of your life writting a block of non sense and repeatable stuff that can be found on every forum you saw rpg advertisments. Instead of looking like an idiot on forums try finding a new way blowing your steam off, maybe punch the pc?

iago

Реакции
Баллы
its a huge text what he is saying is exacly what we all think... we are the stupid people, we should play all the english speakers together vs russians

yeahu

Реакции
Баллы
Rianxeira сказал(а):
its a huge text what he is saying is exacly what we all think... we are the stupid people, we should play all the english speakers together  vs russians
faster you fck niggro girl than english speakers will play together without war :D

iago

Реакции
Баллы

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх