Updater Full Check (1 Viewer)

khavatari

Реакции
Баллы
Its day 3 since i try to fully update my client because this server is full of critical errors.
The problem is i have very bad internet connection and the updater gets interrupted quite often.
I have noticed the updater downloading same files that i had already download before.
Is that normal? Can anyone confirm from moderators? If it does download same files over and over again
why does it not give warning that downloaded files are gonna be lost? If that's the case i would just give up.

FeeLSD

Реакции
Баллы
Download the patch directly. No need to use the updater. Then copy-paste and start from the .exe in the system folder.

Рафаел

Реакции
Баллы
It should not download the same files over again. The updater runs a full check of the files you own, If you have the necessary files, it doesn't download it a second time. That would make no sense.
That being said, I'm not quite sure what the issue is. If you have, as you say, all the files and the updater keeps updating them anyway, run the game directly through the l2.exe in your system folder.

OP
OP
K

khavatari

Реакции
Баллы
Thanks for reply. I apologize. I can confirm that updater does not download same files over again.
As far for the patch it is quite outdated. I've tried it and i had plenty of critical errors.
Now I have finally completed the full check and game runs perfectly. Had not critical yet.
I am very happy with the server very good server files as far as I seen on forum quite helpful staff as well ^^

Off topic: I wanted to ask moderators. How long is the life color of rpg-club servers usually?
What can i expect? 1 to 2 years? 3+ years? I know It is Hi5 which is the latest before awakening so i hope it stays alive for long. But i would not want to play in a server with 1 year lifecolor especially on a low rates.

Рафаел

Реакции
Баллы
The servers usually stay up for a long time. If there is a lack of players, they merge 2 or more servers into one, with fixed rates. Motherland has been running for over 6 months and as far as I can tell there is a healthy amount of players still left, so I wouldn't worry at this point.

grumba

Реакции
Баллы
shizzmynizz сказал(а):
Motherland has been running for over 6 months and as far as I can tell there is a healthy amount of players still left, so I wouldn't worry at this point.
I did log in the game last night to see how the server is doing, was very impressed by the amount of people online. I also check dex and it's a wasteland after about 2 months from start. This one is super packed. Only problem seems to be that not many international players are around. Why is that? I remember a few years ago everyone was playing on RPG, where did the international community go? Is there some new server that i don't know about?

Рафаел

Реакции
Баллы
I'm not sure about other servers.

Regarding the community, internationally, L2 has been on a downfall in popularity. Other games, newer games seem more appealing I suppose and who can blame them. Only veteran players remain, I haven't seen new players to the game in quite a while, but then again that's just my personal observation. On the other hand, Russians seem to enjoy playing L2 quite a lot, thus we have mostly Russian servers.

grumba

Реакции
Баллы
From what i saw there still are quite a lot of international players but every time a new server opens from someone like dex, it is packed the first month then it plummets in numbers. By the end of the 2nd month it's basically a wasteland. Yeah, it's an old game, it's been played to death, but thing is, there really aren't any mmo's out there like L2. I tried quite a few, none of them managed to hold my attention for more than a day or two. I hope L2classic will bring back the players. But it needs to avoid expansions like the ones from GoD onwards. Make it fresh but keep the old style.

Btw, are there any chances of a classic server on RPG? They were always the first with new chronicles on privates, with legit files of course.

Рафаел

Реакции
Баллы
grumba сказал(а):
Btw, are there any chances of a classic server on RPG? They were always the first with new chronicles on privates, with legit files of course.
I couldn't say at this point. Motherland is still fresh and has a lot of players.
Check back at the end of summer, there might be something new around, you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх