PEACE | МИР - [x7] The Kind Sailor (1 Viewer)

Статус
Закрыто для дальнейших ответов.

Bellas1

Реакции
Баллы
Once upon a time, there lived an old sailor. He had lived a wild life - participating in the Aden war, working as a marine for the fleet and even being a pirate for a short while.

But that time had passed and he lived his days in peace and harmony on the island harbor.
Every night he would light the street lights.

Every morning he would gather drinking water from the well.

During the day he would work at the docks. Heavy work, but pays well.

In his free time, or even sometimes at work, he would do what he loved the most - fishing.

Of course if the dock manager wasn't around to catch him, otherwise there would be a huge argument about laziness.

At the end of the day, he would just sit around the docks and watch the sundown.

One day, they were expecting new cargo delivery and shipment of fishing nets.

So the sailor went down to set the nets straight before shipping them.

In that moment a stranger arrived to the docks - he was a war veteran, seeking shelter.

He approached the sailor and said he wanted to be fed and needed a place to stay, "now!".

"Of course, you can sleep in my hut and you can join me at dinner, it's not much, but you should be comfortable" - said the sailor.

Stunned by what had happened, the old veteran inquired - "I screamed at you and demanded that you feed me in such a rude manner and you responded to me with such kindness?"

"People lose them selves in the war and forget how little act of kindness can get you far more, rather than brutal demands." - replied the sailor

"How did you know I was in the war?" - asked the veteran - "I didn't say anything!".

"It's too obvious, I could see everything written on your tired face. I was the same." - said the sailor.

"I see you are a man of worth" - said the veteran - "I apologize for my behavior."

"There is nothing to apologize for brother, you are welcome to join me for dinner and share my hut for however long you want." - replied the sailor.

"There aren't many people left like you" - said the veteran - "I thank you!"

Статус
Закрыто для дальнейших ответов.

Users who are viewing this thread

Верх